17 Best Natural & Organic Blushes of 2021, Reviewed by Beauty Experts
PUBLISHED: 07/10/2019 | LAST UPDATED: 03/04/2020
Imagine completing your makeup look each day with a light dusting of a beautiful powdered blush made with pigments of real fruit like pomegranates, berries, and cherries. Imagine getting ready for a big date by swiping on a cream blush crafted from luscious, all-natural ingredients like Shea butter, Moroccan argan oil, and jojoba oil. That’s the reality of using a natural and organic blush! Next to an organic lipstick made from real fruit (you’ve got to try one!), an organic and natural blush is one of the most beautiful and fairytale-like additions to your makeup bag.
As the natural and organic makeup trend has exploded in popularity, so has the variety of amazingly crafted organic blushes. Natural blush products come in pressed powder, liquid, and cream forms; each available in glittery and matte textures. A true natural blush is one that is made with all natural and organic ingredients. Here are some of the most common natural ingredients used to make organic blushes:
- Natural Earth Minerals: Typically used in natural blushes for their color pigments and reflective/glittery properties. Most common natural earth minerals used are iron oxides, titanium dioxide, mica, and silica.
- Antioxidant Rich Fruit Pigments: Crafted from the rich natural pigments of real fruit, these pigments give some natural blushes their gorgeous hues. Heavily pigmented fruit (such as berries, pomegranates, cherries, strawberries, etc) are typically used for their vibrant colors.
- Butters & Oils: Used as a base for cream and liquid blushes. Cocoa butter, Shea butter, jojoba oil, castor oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil are just a few of the natural butters and oils found in organic blushes.
- Waxes: Waxes such as beeswax and candelilla wax thicken and provide a balm-like texture to cream and stick blushes.
- Powders: Tapioca starch, corn starch, rice powder, and rice starch are often used as a base or for oil control in some natural blushes.
Unfortunately, there are many brands marketing their products as “organic” and “natural” when they are far from it. Products packed with propylene or butylene glycol, talc, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances, formaldehyde, parabens, and artificial dyes and lake dyes are simply not organic or natural in our opinion. Worse, many companies are charging a premium for natural makeup products made with cheap fillers, irritating artificial fragrances, and preservatives which do nothing to benefit your skin.
After putting countless organic and natural blush products through our strict testing process, we came up with this fairy tale list of organic blushes. These are the blushes dreams are made of! Our team of beauty experts tested and researched well over 100 blushes. Each ingredient was checked for safety and quality (see our list of prohibited ingredients for more information), products were reviewed for effectiveness, and we even considered third-party customer reviews from across the web. Enjoy!